Thursday, March 4, 2010

Rock And Roll Remakes Wednesday #5

Okay, I messed up. With my zany schedule I thought yesterday was Tuesday, but now that it's Thursday I realize it was Wednesday...the day we get to hear a cool rock and roll remake.

It only seemed logical to poke a little good-natured fun at myself by selecting the song "Saturday Night Special". Originally done in 1977 by Lynyrd Skynyrd, and covered here by 1980s heavy metal band Armored Saint. For a metal band, they stick pretty close to the original but crank it up a notch or two.

However, even though it was done by Armored Saint, I think the original is more rockin'. Listen to both versions, and see what you think...



"For twenty dollars you can buy yourself one, too."



Hopefully my mistaking Wednesday for Tuesday on Thursday is forgiven with a song about Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shout it out loud! Tell the world what you think.