Friday, February 19, 2010

No Stooges, But It's Still Rock And Roll

The first time I saw Iggy Pop's video for "Five Foot One" was when I was in 6th grade. I snuck out of bed after everyone else was asleep because I knew there was a videos show on.

I sat about three inches from the screen because the volume had to be kept low to avoid waking anybody up. This was before MTV, so you had to take what you could get.

The funny thing is, while I am sure the program featured hit songs of the day, and that I enjoyed watching them; none of them stuck in my brain like Iggy Pop.

I had no idea who he was. But for an 11 year old fan of rock and roll, I knew I liked it. Thank goodness for YouTube!

Without any further ado, here it is boys and girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shout it out loud! Tell the world what you think.