Monday, February 22, 2010

Woodstock '94 A Rock And Roll Experience

I'll be the first to admit that nothing can compare to the original Woodstock festival held in 1969. However, I wasn't able to drive out to that historic rock and roll festival because the state of Wisconsin doesn't issue driver's licenses to 10-month-old babies.

So, I was thrilled at the chance to go to the 25th anniversary concert. I was not thrilled at the cost of tickets ($144 each) but it was worth it.

It was an awesome experience that I will mention from time to time.

We pitched our tent closer to the smaller South Stage which tended to host the less popular (for the time) acts. One of the performances we saw was The Cranberries. They have a nice mellow edge to their rock and roll, yet their tunes tend to linger long after you hear them.

If you look closely you can actually see me in the crowd in this video for "Dreams".

2 comments:

  1. hi dad! i tried to find you in this video, it might help if i knew where about in the video you appear, and what ur wearing and whatnot. :) love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm somewhere in the middle, toward the back. I'm wearing a tie-dyed t-shirt, flannel jacket, cut-off shorts, combat boots and a ponytail.

    ReplyDelete

Shout it out loud! Tell the world what you think.