Saturday, March 20, 2010

At least I like them now...

Funny how tastes in rock and roll music can sometimes change.

Sure, I know people who listen to the same songs over and over, and over, and...

But that's their loss. They are missing out on the most eclectic variety of music there is. "Rock and roll" covers a lot of ground, and it's a shame to at least not try something a little different from the buffet.

When I was younger I couldn't stand Frank Zappa, Steely Dan or Bob Dylan. Perhaps it was a matter of not appreciating the depth and nuance of their songs. Whatever the reason, I'm glad I got past it. Now they are some of my favorite performers.

There was also a time when doo wop, psychdelic, progressive and punk were completely of my music radar.



I still like to explore new (to me) rock songs. Sometimes they aren't that great, and other times they become new favorites.

So, why not challenge yourself to listen to something a bit different from time to time? After, all it's only rock and roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shout it out loud! Tell the world what you think.