Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Some Pop Rock and Roll from Mr. Sacco

Lugee Alfredo Giovanni Sacco came into the world in 1943. He had a #1 hit by the time he was 23.

Even by today's standards, some of the lyrics of that song seem a bit racy. Yet, his delivery calls forth deeper feelings than pure infatuation.

You're old enough to know the makings of a man

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Nature's taking over my one-track mind

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

When I see lips begging to be kissed
I can't stop
I can't stop myself

Lugee Sacco was better known by his stage name, Lou Christie. While "Lightnin' Strikes" was his only #1, he had other hits with such songs as "The Gypsy Cried", "Two Faces Have I", "I'm Gonna Make You Mine", and the somewhat controversial song "Rhapsody In The Rain".



As an added treat here's one that you may not have heard in many years (if at all). It seems our protagonist let his girlfriend, Sarah Jane, use his car while he was serving in the military. But upon his return he finds plenty of evidence that she was using the car for illicit purposes. He even finds pictures of Sarah and someone else in his car's ashtray. (See, cars used to have these things called ashtrays)

Hear the whole story in "If My Car Could Only Talk"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shout it out loud! Tell the world what you think.